Health and safety is a concern for every business, no matter how big or small.
The occupational health and safety (OHS) consultant can help your company to identify hazards, implement policies and procedures, develop training programs, provide education and more.
The occupational health and safety consultant can help you identify workplace hazards, implement policies and procedures to keep employees safe, develop training programs for employees on the job site, and provide education on the subject of OHS for staff members or other stakeholders in your organization.
It is essential to keep in mind that safety at the workplace is not only about the physical safety of employees. It also includes their mental health. This includes stress, harassment, and discrimination.
Health and Safety Consultancy services provide their clients with a professional opinion on how to keep their employees safe and healthy in the workplace. They can advise on a range of topics from fire prevention to ergonomics, as well as help with audits and inspections.
Here are seven common sense guidelines are:
1) Eliminate or minimise hazards;
2) Establish procedures to control hazardous conditions;
3) Provide training on hazards and preventive measures;
4) Encourage workers to report unsafe conditions or practices;
5) Provide medical examinations to detect diseases associated with work activities;
6) Provide personal protective equipment where needed;
7) Develop an emergency action plan in case of fire, natural disaster, or other emergencies;
Altum HR are specialists in supporting businesses with Health & Safety support for businesses. Call our helpline now on 01925 552333 for further support.